1)AF 187 is a training system designed to help understanding of the fundamentals and automatic control of single-phase induction motor that converts electrical energy to mechanical energy.
2) Single-phase induction motor is an electrical device whose rotor gains a rotating force from the rotating magnetic field induced by AC 1-phase power supply and is used as an essential component to drive small mechanical tools Single-phase induction motors are typically used for small load because 1-phase power can be secured more easily than 3-phase power However, only low-power single-phase induction motors (less than 1HP) are produced as starting and driving characteristics are worse and more materials are required than 3-phase induction motors. 3) A separate starting unit is required because no starting torque is generated by the stator composed of 1-phase windings.
4) Induction motors that acquire rotating field with 1-phase power are categorized into repulsion start type, repulsion induction type, capacitor start type, bushing type and shading type.
5) The capacitor start type is suitable for high-power motors and shows considerably good control characteristicsThe capacitor start type continues to activate the capacitor after starting, allowing to select an optimal capacitance during operation.This type shows good efficiency and power factor characteristics compared with other types.
6) Single-phase induction motor has two coils, starting coil and operating coil.
7) A capacitor is connected to the starting coil in series and the rotator is activated by the phase difference corresponding to the capacitance between the operating coil and the starting coil.
8) Single-phase induction motor is typically fixed to rotate in one direction (forward direction).However, a condenser induction motor with output leads (3 or 4 wires) can be controlled to rotate in forward or reverse direction or is used for reverse-phase braking by changinwiring.
9) Low-power motors are typically used for small mechanical tools for which motor speed control is essential.This training system is configured to perform speed control experiments using the T/G output signals as feedback to single-phase induction motor.
10) Compatible with PLC and sequence trainer.
11) Built-in controller type
12) Motor driving status can be checked directly.
13) Test can be done just with the trainer body.
14) Enhance understanding by displaying the condenser induction motor structure in graphics.
Chap 1. Overview of single-phase condenser induction motor
Chap 2. Experiment on forward control of single-phase condenser induction motor
Chap 3. Experiment on reverse control of single-phase condenser induction motor
Chap 4. Experiment on forward and reverse control of single-phase condenser induction motor
Chap 5. Time offset control of single-phase condenser induction motor
Chap 6. Time offset and velocity control of single-phase condenser induction motor