The MPLAB AC-527 allows debugging and programming of PIC and dsPIC Flash microcontrollers at a most affordable price point using the powerful graphical user interface of the MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The MPLAB AC-527 is connected to the design engineer's PC using a full speed USB interfaca and can be connected to the target via an Microchip debug (RJ-11) connector (compatible with MPLAB ICD 2, MPLAB ICD 3 and MPLAB REAL ICE).
The connector uses two device I/O pins and the reset line to implement in-circuit debugging and In-Circuit Serial Programming.
Microchip’s AC-527 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer uses in-circuit debugging logic
incorporated into each chip with Flash memory to provide a low-cost hardware
debugger and programmer.
In-circuit debugging offers these benefits:
- Low cost
- Minimum of additional hardware needed for debug
- Expensive sockets or adapters are not required
- Production and post-production products can be re-flashed with firmware updates.
The AC-527 Debug Express includes:
- PICkit 3 Debugger/Programmer
- 44-pin demo board with a PIC18F45k20 microcontroller
- All hookup cables
- A CDROM that includes the following:
* AC-527 User’s Guide
* A series of 12 Lessons on C programming that cover I/O, A/D converters, timers, interrupts, and data tables (All source code files are provided)
* A Debugging Tutorial on using the AC-527 as a debugger with the MPLAB IDE
* A FREE CCS compiler for the PIC18F45k20. (2kWord Program Limit).
* HI-TECH C PRO for PIC10/12/16 MCU Family in Lite mode.
* Microchip’s MPLAB IDE software for a complete code development environment