The AB-918 Robot Sensing/Motion Controller can be used as sensing, control, motion execution, LCD display and wireless communication processing unit for various robotic applications. Its onboard firmware makes the low level function modules such as motor driver module and wireless communication module transparent to the users. The AB-918 board by itself can already drive 6 standard RC servo motors and support multiple I/Os.
A host (e.g. PC, DSP, or processor) will be used to communicate and control the AB-918 for different applications through the UART (serial) interface. The system can help robotic and AI researchers and developers focus on the high level logic and algorithm design, and avoid the hassle of writing low level device drivers, standard control schemes and troubleshooting the electronic circuits. The ease of use, powerful functionality and onboard intelligence can eliminate design risk, streamline hardware and software development, and significantly shorten the time to delivery while effectively reducing the cost. Note that AB-925 (RS232 Interface Module) and AB-928 (RS232 Cross-over Serial Cable) are required for wired connection of PMS5005 to PC or to devices with RS232 serial communication port.
-40MIPS 16-bit fix-point hybrid DSP/MCU
-36K x 16-bit words flash
-2.5K x 16-bit words SRAM
- A/D reference voltage monitoring
- Over-heating sensor (x2)
- System voltage monitoring (x1)
- Watchdog timer (x1)
- Full duplex UART (x2)
-Embedded firmware for configurable closed loop position, velocity, various sensor data acquisition, LCD graphic display, wired and wireless communication.
- MDM5253 DC motor driver module with position and current feedback (x2), which includes general-purpose PWM DC motor interface (x6), motor current feedback interface (x6) and potentiometer position feedback sensor interface (x6)
- Quadrature encoder (x2)
- Standard RC servo motor, e.g. Hitec HS-322HD (x6)
- Ultrasonic sensor module (x6)
- Human sensor module (x2)
- Ambient temperature sensor module (x1)
- Infrared range sensor (x1)
- 2 axis tilt/acceleration sensor module (x1)
- Custom A/D (x8 including 3 channels of optional battery voltage monitoring). It can connect to MSA3502 if signal amplifying is needed.
- Custom digital input (x8)
- Custom digital output (x8)
- Graphic LCD display module (x1)
- Full duplex infrared remote control and communication interface (x1)
- Multimedia controller (x1)
- Serial Bluetooth wireless module or MCR3210 RS232 interface module (x1)
- WiFi 802.11g serial module with antenna (x1)