- The cycler 005 provides the researcher with the means of accurately controlling the temperature profile of samples. It has many scientific applications, including DNA amplification and sequencing.
- The cycler 005 can cycler samples between 4◦c and 99◦c.
- The cycler 005 is programmed by means of an integral keypad and LCD display. A program, which can be recalled from memory, consists of:
- A series of specified temperatures in ◦c
- The times for which each specified temperature will be held(Hold Times)
- The desired heating or cooling rates, in ◦c/sec, between each specified temperature
- Optional instructions as to whether the times and/or the temperatures are to increase or decrease when a cycle is repeated.
4. The memory can store up to 100 programs.
5. Two interchangeable blocks are available for this model: 0.2ml x 48 and 0.5ml x 30 wells blocks
6. Which have less sample compartment but with higher ramping rate: 0.2ml x 48(standard) and 0.5ml x 30 wells blocks have more wells but less ramping rate.