1. The cycler provides the researcher with the means of accurately controlling the temperature profile of samples. It has many applications, including DNA amplification and sequencing. The cycler can cycle samples between 4◦c and 99◦c.
2. The cycler is programmed by means of an integral keypad and LCD display. A program, which can be recalled from memory. Consists of:
- A series of specified temperatures in ◦c
- The times for which each specified temperature will be held (hold times)
- The desired heating or cooling rates, in ◦c/sec, between each specified temperature
- Optional instruction as to whether the time and/or the temperatures are to increase when a cycle is repeated.
3. The memory cam store up to 100 programs